We are thrilled to announce that on September 19, 2020 the Southlands community in Tsawwassen will open to the public for the first time. We are marking this important milestone by inviting the local community, families and interested buyers to Market Tours, an opportunity to experience the new Southlands neighbourhood and Market Square while enjoying local bites, a pop-up farm market, live music, and outdoor activities.
Southlands Market Tours will take place both Saturday, September 19 and Sunday, September 20 from 10am-4pm. This will be your first chance to experience the new Market Square and stop into the new Prado Cafe to grab a cup of coffee, fresh baking, and something to eat. Guests can join in on outdoor walking tours of the community including a first look inside the Red Barn and Grange, the Discovery Centre and show homes will be open for tours, a curated pop-up farm market will be set up for shopping, and live music and food trucks will set a vibrant mood in the Market Square.
The pop-up farm market will include our farm partners Salt & Harrow selling local, organic produce; Boundary Bay Bees offering local honey; Cuisine & Co. tempting you with fresh bread and other baked goods; and local florist Flowers Beautiful inspiring with harvest-inspired florals for purchase.
Saturday and Sunday’s schedule of events is as follows:
- 10:00am. Entrance at Boundary Bay Rd. and 3 Ave open to the public. Prado Cafe open for coffee, baking, and bites to eat.
- 10:00am to 2:00pm. Pop-up farm market in Market Square
- 11:00am to 3:00pm. Live music with Antonio Larosa in Market Square
- 12:00 to 4:00pm. Food trucks in Market Square:
- Saturday – Melt City Grilled Cheese & Comfort Foods, Tubster’s Mini Donuts
- Sunday – Tacofino and Cloud Nine Cotton Candy Company
- 4:00pm. Event concludes
This outdoor event will follow all COVID-19 safety protocols and procedures laid out by the provincial government to ensure the safety of guests and visitors.
Our team is so excited to be bringing this master-planned community to the Tsawwassen area. The Southlands Market Tours is our way of marking the day that Southlands becomes a part of the greater Tsawwassen and Boundary Bay communities and a way for us to say thank-you to the community for their support over the years.
Our team is taking all COVID-19 protocols and following all safety measures outlined by the province of British Columbia and the CDC to ensure public safety as this community opens to the public. All outdoor areas will be well-marked with signage to direct the flow of foot traffic and ensure social distancing is taking place outside. Complimentary masks and hand sanitizer will be provided to each individual entering the site. Sanitation and hand washing stations are clearly noted and positioned throughout the Southlands community, with a focus on high traffic areas. There will also be capacity limits in place for all public indoor spaces to ensure ample distancing measures and we will be collecting contact information on-site to ensure contact tracing.If you’re feeling sick please stay home, but register here so you can be informed about future events and learn more about Southlands. You can also get in contact with our team to arrange a visit at a later date, we’d be happy to show you around! Thanks again for all of the support, we’re excited to welcome the public to Southlands.
- Walking and cycling encouraged – if you’re local to Tsawwassen, we highly recommend that you walk or bike to the event as parking spots are limited.
- Bring a water bottle – there is a complimentary water refill station outside Discovery Centre.
- Bring your wallet and a market tote – we have a great selection of local, small-shop vendors onsite in the farm market; Prado Cafe and food trucks will also offer delicious bites to eat for purchase.
- No appointments are necessary for the Discovery Centre and show homes.
- Be patient and be kind – COVID-19 safety protocols will be enforced, therefore, you may experience a short line-up for buildings that have maximum capacity limits. We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable day, so please…be patient.